P-3 Visas – Artists or Entertainers

The P-3 classification applies to aliens coming to the U.S. temporarily to perform, teach or coach as artists or entertainers, individually or as part of a group, under a program that is culturally unique. For a P-3 visa, the alien must be coming to the United States either individually or as a group for the purpose of developing, interpreting, representing, coaching, or teaching a unique or traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. In addition, he must be coming to the United States to participate in a cultural event or events which will further the understanding or development of their art form. The program may be of a commercial or noncommercial nature.

Essential Support Personnel

Essential support personnel who are an integral part of the performance of a P- 3 artist or entertainer and who perform support services that cannot be readily performed by a U.S. worker, are eligible for P-3 classification. Support personnel may include coaches, scouts, trainers and other team officials and referees.

Family of P-3 Visa Holders

Spouses and unmarried children of the P-3 under the age of 21 may obtain P-4 status, they may not engage in employment, but may attend school or college.

Period of Stay

Initial stay can be granted for the duration of the performance not to exceed 1 year. Extensions in 1 year increments can also be granted under certain exceptions.

Mr. Galstyan, an experienced immigration attorney, has successfully handled countless P-3 visa cases. Our firm has the ability and experience to get you a P-3 visa. We prepare and file your petition along with the required documentation as well as supporting evidence to ensure that your case is approved with the USCIS. Please contact our office for your free, no obligation case review with an experienced immigration lawyer.

Contact Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.