P-2 Visas – Individual or Group Performers

The P-2 classification applies to aliens coming temporarily to perform as an artist or entertainer, individually or as part of a group, under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country.

This visa is for artists performing under a government recognized reciprocal exchange program. In addition, the artist must possess skills comparable to those of the United States artists and entertainers taking part in the program outside the United States.

Essential Support Personnel

Essential support personnel who are an integral part of the performance of a P- 2 artist or entertainer and who perform support services that cannot be readily performed by a U.S. worker, are eligible for P-2 classification. Support personnel may include stagehands, trainers, or those persons having critical knowledge of the specific services to be performed. This is a separate petition.

Family of P-2 Visa Holders

Spouses and unmarried children of the P-2 under the age of 21 may obtain P-4 status, they may not engage in employment, but may attend school or college.

Period of Stay

Initial period of stay can be granted for the duration of the performance not to exceed 1 year. Extensions in 1 year increments can also be granted under certain exceptions.

Mr. Galstyan, an experienced immigration attorney, has the skill and knowledge required for get you a P-2 visa. We will prepare and file your petition along with the required documentation as well as supporting evidence to ensure that your case is approved with the USCIS. Please contact our office for your free, no obligation case review with an experienced immigration lawyer.

Contact Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.