R-1 Visa Immigration Lawyers for Religious Workers

Our immigration lawyers at Galstyan Law Group have an outstanding record in advising and successfully obtaining R-1 visas for many happy religious workers from all parts of the world.

What is the R1 visa?

The R-1 visa is a temporary non-immigrant visa given out to foreign nationals entering the U.S. to work in a religious capacity for a non-profit organization in the United States.

The R1 visa status can be granted for an initial period of up to 30 months (this can be extended for a further 30 months) for a maximum stay of 60 months (5 years). After 5 years, the national must return to their home country for a period of 12 months before reapplying.

Given the high stakes of the outcome of your R1 visa application and the complex paperwork involved, it is important to understand your rights and obligations by law. Our highly trained immigration lawyers at Galstyan Law Group can help answer any R1 questions you have. Call us for a free case review today on local number 323 642 6000 or 800 939 8004.

The R1 holds many advantages – R1 visa holders are:

• Free to exit and re-enter the U.S. without restriction.
• Able to receive wages for services performed in the U.S.
• Able to bring their spouse and children (under the age of 21 and unmarried) to the U.S. (spouse and dependents may not work but they can study).
• Able to change religious employers while in the U.S. (a new petition must be filed with the USCIS).

Another advantage is that all R1 visa holders don’t have to maintain a residence in their native country whilst in the U.S.

R1 visa requirements

To qualify for an R1 visa, the foreign national must:

• Be a minister of their religion or work in a religious vocation

• Represent a legitimate non-profit religious organization that is tax exempt.

• Intend to return to their native country once their visa expires; and

• Beneficiary must have been a member of the religious denomination for at least two years immediately prior to submitting their R-1 visa application.

Applicant will be required to show proof of:

• Employment in a religious capacity with a qualified (non-profit and tax exempt) religious organization.

• The religious organization’s tax-exempt status

• Paperwork that shows the applicant has been a member of the religious organization for over 2 years

• Financial support documentation

Ready to apply?

Our specialized Visa Attorneys at Galstyan Law Group are working on a number of R-1 cases to ensure our religious workers can come to the USA to work legally in their field. Our expert, Immigration Lawyers at Galstyan Law Group manage every step of the R1 process.

Call one of our highly trained Immigration Lawyers today on free call number 800 939 8004 to get started.

Contact Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.