Petitioning for Family members – Green Card Holders (Permanent Residents)

Are you a green card holder (permanent resident) who is looking to petition for certain family members to immigrate to the United States as permanent residents? Then speak to our leading immigration lawyers at Galstyan Law Group today to see if you qualify. Free call number 1800 939 8004.
Who can you petition for?

You May Petition For The Following Family Members:
• Spouse (husband or wife)
• Unmarried children under 21
• Unmarried son or daughter of any age

Our highly experienced visa attorneys at Galstyan Law Group will help you and your family prepare a detailed petition to the USCIS, ensuring all the correct documentation is submitted, giving you and your family the best possible chance at approval.

To obtain a green card for your family member our family immigration lawyer for the USCIS will require the following:

• Proof of status to show that you are a permanent resident
• Evidence of the relationship (i.e. birth/marriage certificate etc.)
• Proof of any legal name change for you and/or the family member you are sponsoring.

If you, or a member of your family is in the U.S. military, special conditions may apply to your situation. Contact one of our specialized family immigration lawyers at Galstyan Law Group today on free call number 1800 939 8004.

Preference Categories

When petitioning for your relative, the following preference categories apply:

First preference
• Unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. (Adult means 21 or older)
Second Preference (2A):
• Spouses of green card holders, unmarried children (under 21) of permanent residents
Second Preference (2B):
• Unmarried adult sons and daughters of permanent residents
Third Preference:
• Married sons and daughters (any age) of U.S. citizens
Fourth Preference:
• Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens

A visa becomes available to a preference category according to the priority date (the date the application was properly filed).

What Happens Next?

Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
If your relative is already in the United States legally, he or she may apply to adjust their status to become a permanent resident after a visa number becomes available.

If your relative is outside the United States, your petition will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will forward your petition to the appropriate U.S. consulate when a visa becomes available and your relative will be notified about how to proceed.

Your family member’s preference category will determine how long he or she will have to wait for an immigrant visa number.

Last but not least… we don’t like to brag, but our expert team of Immigration Attorneys at Galstyan Law Group have a 100% success rate in all family related visa cases. Call our highly trained immigration law firm today on free call number 1800 939 8004 and make an appointment today. Our office is in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles and we represent many happy families worldwide.

Contact Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.