K-1 fiancé(e) visa

The K-1 fiancé(e) visa is the ideal visa selection for US citizens who wish to bring foreign national fiancé(e)s to the United States in order for the two of them to be married. If your fiancé(e) is already within the US and he/she is residing here lawfully under a legitimate visa classification then the K-1 is unnecessary. After you and your fiancé(e) have married, however, you will undoubtedly wish to file for permanent residence for your then-spouse, regardless of whether the K-1 was utilized. Our Los Angeles immigration attorneys and Burbank immigration attorneys are experts in petitioning for the K-1 as well as filing for permanent residence, and have done so for people all around the world from every race and creed. Contact our office for personalized, superior legal assistance and get the future and happiness you deserve.

All right, so you want to petition for permanent residence for your fiancé(e) – what next? Well first you need to come talk to us and allow us to work our magic (note: no real magic takes place in our firm, just a vast amount of skill, professionalism, and dedication to client care). But really, a consultation is the start of the process, and we offer them to potentially interested clients free of charge. Our Burbank immigration attorneys are the best in the business and the full range of their skills and services are available to our clients at a moment’s notice.

Next, the petitioning fiancé(e) must demonstrate that he/she meets the following criteria:

  • He/she is a US citizen
  • The petitioner and foreign national fiancé(e) have every intention to marry within the 90 days that follow the date the latter party enters the United States
  • Both the petitioner’s and foreign national fiancé(e)’s previous marriages (if any) have been legally terminated and both parties are free to marry
  • Both parties have met in person at least once within the two years that follow the date the petition is filed (I’d hope you’d make sure to see the love of your life anyways, but it’s the law so there)

After the petition for the K-1 visa has been filed, the fiancé(e) may enter the US for 90 days so the marriage ceremony can take place. Whichever one of our highly skilled immigration attorneys is assigned to help you would love to be invited to the wedding, but I’m sure they’d understand if no arrangements can be made. But that won’t affect their dedication to your goals!

If you do not marry within the ninety days, your foreign national fiancé(e) must leave the country and apply for the K-1 again. This is important and could affect your eligibility for a visa in the future if this is not followed, so be sure to follow the rules! And don’t worry, we can help you make sure everything goes smoothly.

Contact our office today – you won’t be disappointed.

Contact Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.