Green card by marriage

Filing for Spouses: When I was little my father would occasionally go on business trips for his job. He’d only be gone about a week at a time, but I distinctly remember how much I missed him. What really struck me, though, was how much my mother missed him. She’d visibly light up when he got home and he’d light up when he saw her, and our home was full of laughter and joy when they were finally reconciled. My parents were only apart for a week or so at a time, but they could barely stand it. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to be separated not only by time but by borders. Because of our empathy and desire to improve the quality of our clients’ lives, our full-service immigration law firm of Los Angeles immigration attorneys specializes in filing for permanent residency for the spouses of US Citizens and Permanent Residents.

US citizens and permanent residents each have the ability to petition for permanent residence on behalf of a foreign national spouse. Permanent residents may, however, be subject to limited visa number availabilities, while US Citizens will not face this obstacle. In either case, our Los Angeles immigration attorneys do and will assist our clients in whatever way we can and will fight with all of our experience, knowledge, professionalism, and high level of skill in order to ensure that our clients’ immigration needs are met.

The petitioner, the US citizen or permanent resident spouse, must submit an array of forms and fees for both him/herself and the foreign national spouse. Additionally, there is a spread of documentation required pertaining to the personal information of both parties. This includes but is not limited to:

  • A copy of the marriage certificate
  • A copy of any and all divorce decrees and/or other documentation which evidences the termination of any and all previous marriages of both spouses
  • Passport-style photos which adhere to USCIS standards
  • Evidence of any and all legal name changes by either spouse

Los Angeles immigration attorneys from our firm are experts in filing petitions of this nature and would be pleased to assist you in all that must be done in order to file a petition which is sure to be approved. Contact our firm and allow us to demonstrate the work of master craftsmen at their trade.

The petitioner must also be able to provide evidence of his/her status as either a US citizen or a green card holder. This can be accomplished in a number of ways, all of which are easy in theory but have proven difficult for a few in the past. Regardless of how difficult it becomes, our immigration lawyers stand by our clients until the goals of our clients have been met. Contact our office to learn more about what must be done in order to submit a winning petition for permanent residence for the foreign national spouse of a US citizen or permanent resident.

Our Los Angeles immigration attorneys are eagerly awaiting the opportunity to help new clients achieve happiness. Call us today.

Contact Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.