I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

Download Form I-129F Instructions

Download Form I-129F

Purpose of Form :

To petition to bring your fiancé(e) (K-1) and that person’s children to the U.S. for marriage to you or to bring your spouse and that person’s children (K-3 and K-4 visas, respectively) to the United States to complete processing for permanent resident status (under the LIFE Act and Amendments of 2000).

Number of Pages :

Form 3; Instructions 7.

Edition Date :

11/23/10; (06/14/10; 02/19/10 editions also accepted)

Where to File :

Please review the “Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)” link under “Related Links,” on the upper right of this page, or the form instructions at the bottom of the page, for specific information on where to file your Form I-129F. Note: Form I-129F Petitions cannot be adjudicated at a USCIS Office abroad.

Important filing tips, as well as additional information on fees and customer service, are listed on our Lockbox Filing Tips webpage.

E-Notification:  If you want to receive an e-mail and/or a text message that your Form I-129F has been accepted at a USCIS Lockbox facility, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the first page of your application. Form G-1145 can be downloaded through the link above.

Filing Fee :

$340. (There is no fee for petitions for K-3 status based on an immigrant petition filed by the same U.S. citizen.)

Special Instructions :

U.S. Citizens petitioning for K-3 visas for their alien spouses must include a copy of the Form I-797C, Notice of Action, showing they have filed Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of their spouse listed on the form.

In addition, they must provide a marriage certificate, evidencing the legal marriage between the U.S. citizen and the alien.

Contact Us